- Welcome and host intros
- Short Story Headlines
- Chad Hershey (again!)
Dear Geeks of the Short Stories,
Thank you again for answering my question on air! Or recorded air.
I always find your podcasts entertaining and informative, and the Beta Readers discussion was helpful. I just wish I had something to show for all that discussion, but all I have is a collection of ideas and scenes to string together. The missing piece is how I connect the dots. That is, I have a lot of good ideas that, taken together, form a story. I have difficulties with connecting those ideas in a way that is interesting. Well, consistently interesting. Maybe, hopefully, I will finish the story i’ve had in mind for quite a while.
Maybe someone needs to come over and kick my butt into gear.
Chad ‘hbar98’ Hershey
- Gneech: The Tower of the Elephant, by Robert E. Howard
- Greg: Winter Thunder by Sylvan Scott
- Buck: “The Bodyguard” by Lee Child, from First Thrills: Volume 1
edited by Lee Child
THE BLOODY PEN OF THE RANTING EDITOR (19:58)
- Buck Turner: The flashing cursor and what to do about it: an editor’s perspective.
- Gneech: The Brigid and Greg Fictionlets
- Greg: FANG 5 is no longer accepting submissions! Gaming Guardians updates! The Gneech must be defeated!
- Buck: Hard at work on ROAR 4, or at least I will be once I get back from Rhode Island…
- Call for audience participation, suggestions, news items, general plugs
- Would you like to be a guest? Do you have a project to plug?
- site comments
- Sponsor us!
- Subscribe to us!
- Contact us!
- Come back in two weeks! Next show December 15.
This Week’s Music
- Regular intro and outro: “The Third Man Theme” by Rat City Brass, used by permission.
- Courtesy of The Podsafe Music Network: “Journey B” by DanielReal2K, “Flamenco” by B-Sea Surfers, “Naked Under Leather” by Rubber Band Banjo, “Banjo Roids” by ATL Producers, “Honey Cotton” by Alex Cebe, “Chilling Loop” by Upstairs, “Spooky Fractal Magic” by Embertime, “Turn It Up” by Danny Weis, “My Moon” by PJ73, and “Banjo Tango” by Cynthia Sayer.
- Courtesy of http://freemusicarchive.org: “Songe D’Automne” by Latché Swing, “Rythme Gitan” by Latché Swing, “Jovanko” by the Underscore Orchestra, and“Chosen Kale Mazel Tov” by the Underscore Orkestra.