Episode Seven — Pookas, Spies, and Frankenbrides
Release Date: 2011-07-19
Hosts: The Gneech, Graveyard Greg, Buck Turner
- Welcome and host intros
- Short Story Headlines
- Obscure website given boost after Stephen Fry’s Twitter review
- Theodore Sturgeon’s archive to live long and prosper in university archive
- A brief survey of the short story part 34: Ernest Hemingway
- Followup and feedback from previous show
- Munged links in previous show notes
- Gneech: “How the Pooka Came to New York City” by Delia Sherman (from Naked City: Tales of Urban Fantasy edited by Ellen Datlow)
- Greg: “The Looking War” by Alflor Aalto (from Streets of His City & Other Stories)
- Buck: “Bride of Frankenstein” by Mike Resnick (From Asimov’s Asimov’s) 2010 Hugo Award Winner
THE BLOODY PEN OF THE RANTING EDITOR (14:12)
- Buck Turner: Made up words — Story killers…
- Gneech: No Predation Allowed to be available to the general public soon!
- Greg: Carpe Diem! Submit to FANG Volume 5! Kickstarter project coming soon!
- Buck: Last push for Roar 4 submissions.
- Call for audience participation, suggestions, news items, general plugs
- Would you like to be a guest? Do you have a project to plug?
- site comments
- Sponsor us!
- Subscribe to us!
- Contact us!
- Come back in two weeks! Next show August 2nd.
This Week’s Music
- Regular intro and outro: “The Third Man Theme” by Rat City Brass, used by permission.
- Courtesy of The Podsafe Music Network: “Journey B” by DanielReal2K, “Flamenco” by B-Sea Surfers, “Naked Under Leather” by Rubber Band Banjo, “Banjo Roids” by ATL Producers, “Honey Cotton” by Alex Cebe, “Chilling Loop” by Upstairs, “Spooky Fractal Magic” by Embertime, “Turn It Up” by Danny Weis, “My Moon” by PJ73, and “Banjo Tango” by Cynthia Sayer.
- Courtesy of http://freemusicarchive.org: “Songe D’Automne” by Latché Swing, “Rythme Gitan” by Latché Swing, “Jovanko” by the Underscore Orchestra, and“Chosen Kale Mazel Tov” by the Underscore Orkestra.