NOTE: Some spambots have been hitting this particular entry hard, so I have disabled comments. If you’d like to comment on this page, please contact me directly via thegneech at gmail dot com.
- Welcome and host intros
- Short Story Headlines
- Huffington Post reports “Secret Life of Walter Mitty” adaptation in the works with Ben Stiller
- Orbit Books introduces Orbit Short Fiction
- Trestle Press Summer Submission Contest
- “Geeks Rule” short story anthology ebook by Basil Sands
- The February/May 2011 issue of Strand Magazine has “So I Shot Him,” previously-unpublished short story by Dashiell Hammett (author of The Maltese Falcon, Thin Man stories, et al.)
- Last Episode Feedback and Followup
- Gneech: Short story giants: James Thurber.
- Gneech: Steve Martin: Cruel Shoes (1977), Pure Drivel (1998)
- Greg: It’s a Good Life by James Bixby
- Buck: Johnny Mnemonic by William Gibson
THE BLOODY PEN OF THE RANTING EDITOR (32:30)
- Buck: Short story scope/world building, i.e. how the short story Johnny Mnemonic went from a short story to the Sprawl Trilogy that defined ‘cyberspace’.
- Gneech: Stories at gneech.com, particularly The Day I Almost Changed My Mind
- Greg: The Species of Alone on Smashwords.com (coupon code XD42B) and solicit for Fang book 5.
- Buck: Roar existing books, request for Roar 4 submissions
- Call for audience participation, suggestions, news items, general plugs
- Would you like to be a guest? Do you have a project to plug?
- site comments
- Sponsor us!
- Subscribe to us!
- Contact us!
- Come back in two weeks! Next show May 17th.
This Week’s Music
- Regular intro and outro: “The Third Man Theme” by Rat City Brass, used by permission.
- Courtesy of The Podsafe Music Network: “Journey B” by DanielReal2K, “Psycho” by B-Sea Surfers,“Naked Under Leather” by Rubber Band Banjo, “Banjo Roids” by ATL Producers, “Honey Cotton” by Alex Cebe, “Chilling Loop” by Upstairs, and “Banjo Tango” by Cynthia Sayer.
- Courtesy of http://freemusicarchive.org: “Songe D’Automne” by Latché Swing, “Rythme Gitan” by Latché Swing, “Broken String” by the Underscore Orkestra, “Jovanko” by the Underscore Orkestra, and“Chosen Kale Mazel Tov” by the Underscore Orkestra.