Our first episode! Gneech’s throat was scratchy, Greg’s mic was a bit wonky, and Buck had just worked the latest in a series of 80-hour weeks … but we still managed to have a good time! We hope you will, too.
Episode One — Welcome to the Show
Release Date: 2011-04-19
Hosts: The Gneech, Buck Turner, Graveyard Greg
- First show! Who are we?
- Why short fiction?
- What will the Short Story Geeks podcast cover?
- Call for audience participation, suggestions, news items, general plugs
- Gneech: Electronic distribution of short stories — Kindle one-offs, Smashwords, iApps (including Steampunk Tales )
- Gneech: Arcane: Penny Dreadfuls for the 21st Century New internet magazine by Sandy Petersen
- Gneech: Uptown Local and Other Interventions New Diane Duane anthology
- Greg: Cory Doctorow generally; in particular I, Row-Boat
- Gneech: “Drunk Hulk” writer Christian Dumais interview http://writinginsight.blogspot.com/2011/04/perennial-author-christian-dumais-aka.html (Also: Buck’s Twitter spoof site appears to be Woofer.)
THE BLOODY PEN OF THE RANTING EDITOR (34:15)
- Buck: Formatting your short story for submission (the trivial things)
- Gneech: Both NeverNever books finally in print! Plus Guest of Honor at Confuzzled in Manchester, U.K.
- Greg: Greg’s Page at Smashwords — Use coupon CT63W to get “Total Opposites” free! Also, Greg wants to be a guest of honor, poor thing!
- Buck: Roar, Volumes 1-3 Available! Plus, Buck is soliciting stories for Volume 4.
- Subscribe to us!
- Contact us!
- Come back in two weeks! Next show May 3rd.
This Week’s Music
- Regular intro and outro: “The Third Man Theme” by Rat City Brass, used by permission.
- Courtesy of The Podsafe Music Network: “Journey B” by DanielReal2K, “Psycho” by B-Sea Surfers, “Naked Under Leather” by Rubber Band Banjo, “Banjo Roids” by ATL Producers, “Honey Cotton” by Alex Cebe, “Chilling Loop” by Upstairs, “Big Butter and Egg Man From Way Down South” by Yamomanem, and “Banjo Tango” by Cynthia Sayer.
- Courtesy of http://freemusicarchive.org: “Songe D’Automne” by Latché Swing, “Rythme Gitan” by Latché Swing, “Broken String” by the Underscore Orkestra, “Jovanko” by the Underscore Orkestra, and “Chosen Kale Mazel Tov” by the Underscore Orkestra.